Wednesday, June 09, 2010


Just got "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," yesterday. It's a miracle I'm even taking the time to post this.

In other, bleakly humourous news, I took my bike in for maintenance a couple of days ago, and picked it up today. It's an old bike - a 1988 Fisher Pro-Caliber. A quick bit of math shows that I've been riding it for 22 years. Over that time I think it's cost me at most five hundred bucks in maintenance. Eat your hearts out, car owners. But, that's not the bleakly humourous bit. Nope. That part's the remark the mechanic made when he called to tell me the bike was ready. "Ready to go for another 22 years," he said, cheerfully. I was riding home when the penny finally dropped - "Oh, great. I'll be 80." Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home