Thursday, May 27, 2010


Went to an "opening" tonight. Never been to an "opening" before. One of the guys in my swing class turns out to be an artist, and he's not bad. At least, I really liked the things he had on show tonight. Very complex pen-and-ink-ish drawings. That slightly weird description is due strictly to my own ignorance of the varieties of drawing media. Apparently they were "graphite on drawing film". To me, that sounds like "pencil on acetate" but.... Anyway, nice stuff.

On the "social observation" side, it was fun to compare the artist (and his wife) to the patrons. Charlie and Mary looked like just regular folks, while the patrons...well...there seemed to be a general "look at me!" theme, in varying strengths. "Hi! I'm eccentric! Isn't it wonderful?"

And, of course, like an idiot, I left my camera at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home