Monday, April 12, 2010


Continuing my 2-part series (barring, of course, serendipitous findings over the next few days) of crosswalk events...

Meanwhile, how is it that a company as utterly annoying as Adobe is the company responsible for the world's best-known photo editing software? I've turned off automatic updates in every way that's possible in my puny Photoshop Elements program, but, you guessed it, it runs itself automatically no matter what. Annoying? Ohhhhhhhh, you betcha. I really love having to wait the five minutes it takes for the program to return either "No new updates" or "There are updates available for Adobe Reader", before I can actually get on with what I actually want to do (And, yes, I've turned off automatic updates in Adobe Reader, too). Do emails to Adobe elicit any sort of response? Ohhhhhh, you betcha not.

Yeah, I could use another program (I've got the most up-to-date version of Bibble, for instance), but it's such a pain in the ass to learn the idiosyncrasies of a new bit of software. Wouldn't it be easier for Adobe to just slip in a line of code that does what it's supposed to? I mean, isn't that why they're charging the big bucks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home