Sunday, December 27, 2009

No, still no photographs - editing in Picasa just isn't all that much fun. And, as I mentioned, on a 10" screen, it's really, really not all that much fun.

But, went to see "Sherlock Holmes" tonight and had a heck of a good time. I have to admit, my expectations going in were pretty low. Guy Ritchie? Uh-oh. But, he came through very nicely. No, his Holmes isn't exactly Conan Doyle's, but this is, after all, the 21st century and things have changed a tad since Conan Doyle's day. So, Holmes is a bit more of a brawler, actually interested in women, and a bit more self-destructive. And Watson isn't quite the bumbler I seem to remember him being (although, I have to say, the last time I read a Holmes story has to have been at least 30 years ago, so my recollection might not be all that reliable). But, still, a heck of a good time.

Oh, and in case anyone's put off by the "spooky" aspects of the movie, don't forget that Conan Doyle was a big believer in the supernatural. A big fan of seances, etc. So, this aspect of the movie would, for the most part, have found favour with him. The aspect he wouldn't have liked is the disreptuable light the movie shines on the supernatural. But, what other light could one shine?

Go see it, if you haven't already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home