Wednesday, December 23, 2009


High over somewhere between Vancouver and Edmonton. For a change, the flight went like clockwork. Not only did it leave on time, I actually arrived in Hamilton, my destination. That's the first time in 3 tries. And the plane arrived only a half hour late! Granted, it was another half hour before my checked baggage showed up on the conveyor belt, but...at least I arrived where I was supposed to.

Air travel, however, really isn't any fun anymore. Except that it's faster than a bus, it's no different. The seats are uncomfortable, the food (assuming there actually is food) sucks, and the in-flight "entertainment" is year-old "live satellite TV" reruns. And having to sit next to a double-wide human being who took up his seat and half of mine was less than charming, too. Oh, well. I have to admit that covering a distance in five hours that would take a week by any other means (none of which would be any more pleasant) is kind of nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home