Monday, September 14, 2009


O.K., you can insert a slight sigh right about here. While I was taking this photograph, I noticed a nice woman who worked in the building detour around me so she wouldn't block my shot. I also noticed her looking hard, trying to figure out what the hell I was photographing. So, I told her. "Don't worry. There really is nothing there." 'Cause, how do you explain a photograph like this to someone? How do you explain making a photograph like this to someone? The more I think about it, the more I think photographs are like jokes -you either get them or you don't.

She was very nice, by the way. She worked in a coffee shop on the ground floor of this building, a giant office building. She told me she often saw photographers out here trying to get a decent shot of the large cathedral that's to the right of, and behind, this photograph. It's a pretty nifty building if you're into cathedrals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home