Thursday, July 09, 2009


Yes, I know it's a bit blurry. Give me a break. I was holding the equivalent of a 300 mm lens over the heads of the people in front of me, O.K.? And, these guys were moving. I mean non-stop. The guy on the right was the Head Guy. The guys in the white shirts had to be the hardest working guys in music (as a couple of other shots that I might post will show).

It's a photo from the Vancouver Jazz Festival, and these guys were a Cuban band blasting out salsa and all sorts of other genres of Latin music at a park in downtown Vancouver on a sunny afternoon last Saturday. Now, I have to confess that most of what they played sounded, to my untutored ears, the same - brass played at a frequency only dogs could hear, a non-stop cow bell, and congas - but, like I said, my ears aren't atuned to this style of music. Plenty of other people's ears were. And, wouldn't you know it?, enjoyment is kind of infectious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home