Friday, May 29, 2009


In my files, this shot is labelled "curious". Which, of course, is what I am about what happened to the brains of Republicans. When, exactly, were they removed? This comes up in regard to the Sotomayor nomination (as you might have figured). She's "racist" because she acknowledges that her background has an effect on her thinking?!? Excuse me? Of course, I could be making a mistake here. See, I'm interpreting this as Republicans saying that the problem is with her background influencing her thinking. That is, I imagine that they're worried about some sort of undue influence from her life story on her decision-making. But, when I stop and ponder for a moment - these are Republicans, after all, expressing a criticism related to thought processes - I start to think, "Maybe I've got it wrong". Maybe (and, in fact, this seems the more likely interpretation) they just have a problem with the verb "thinking"! "Thought", of course, being anathema to Republicans. At least, it sure seems to be these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home