Monday, May 18, 2009


I filed this picture as "glare", for fairly obvious reasons. And, yup, it's another in what seems to be my continuing series of "accidentally relevant" photos. Why? Well, because I have a close friend with whom I disagree on certain fundamental issues. I am, you see, a rationalist. If there's no data suggesting that something might exist, then, in my world, it doesn't. If I can imagine an experiment that might test the existence of something, and it's obvious that that something would fail the test, then that something stands a lowered chance of existence. "God" would be one such concept. So would things like past lives, out-of-body experiences, "lucid" dreaming, etc. Unfortunately, my close friend feels differently. She's quite enthused about such things. Discussion of such things, then, (although, funnily enough, not "God" - we agree on that one), tends to lead to, well, The Glare. I hate The Glare. The Glare is not good. She does a subtle version of it, mind you, but it's still The Glare.

Now, I'd do anything to avoid The Glare. Especially since I'm kind of fond of this close friend. But, try as I might, I can't abandon my rationalist self. I'm in trouble, aren't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home