Sunday, January 04, 2009


Ah, my home town. Well, sort of. It's where I was born, but I haven't actually lived there for 34 years. In fact, I've lived in Vancouver longer than I lived in Hamilton. Oh, well.

But, oddly enough, the picture has relevance to today. I went to see "Doubt". An "O.K." movie, not a great movie. Still, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep in one movie? You can't really lose. The story, as you probably know, centres around the question of whether or not Hoffman's character, a Catholic priest, is a paedophile. And, of course, the question is never answered (you knew that, right?). And, a bit more subtly, there's the question of Streep's character's motivation for going after Hoffman's. Was it all just because he was comfortable with doubting one's faith and she wasn't? Had she, in fact, lost hers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home