Wednesday, September 17, 2008


I gotta get out more, I know.

On the "wild excitement" side (photographically speaking, that is), I got a new toy today. Yep, blew a pile of dough (twenty bucks) on a credit card-sized WhiBal. Wow! Living on the edge! Still, when you're not completely colour-competent, you begin to wonder about things. At least with this little chunk of plastic, I can feel a little better about colour accuracy (I hope). Stick it in the first photo of a bunch taken under the same lighting conditions, shoot in RAW, click the image of the WhiBal while processing, and apply the resulting settings to all the others in the series. Oughta be simple, right? Yeah, well, we'll see. At least the thing is small enough to fit in my wallet, so I'll always have it along.

And, no, I didn't use it for this shot. Who wants perfect white balance in a shot taken in the light of the setting sun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home