Thursday, September 04, 2008


Ah, another serendipitous photo (Republicans, I apologize. You'll just have to consult a dictionary.). Suddenly I see this as "Sarah Palin - Washington Outsider". With all the substance of slowly deflating dime-store balloons.

Here's a news flash for Sarah - I"m a "Washington outsider" too. Should I call up McBush and see if he'd like to consider me for a cabinet post? In fact, come to think of it, everyone I know is a "Washington outsider". Should we all apply? Surprise answer - yes we should! Most of the people I know have not only graduated high school, but they've got Masters degrees, Ph.D.s, M.D.s! Actual education. Actual proof of competence. Of intelligence. And when we "stand up to Big Oil"?...we don't invite them to come in and drill in wildlife refuges. When we declare a boondoggle a boondoggle?...we do it before we realize that it's politically expedient to do so. And we don't try to ban books. And we don't encourage teenage pregnancy. Nor do we force marriage (come on - it was Bristolboard's idea? Levi's?) on teenagers. Your daughter wants to keep the kid? How charming. Does Levi? Do either of them? Really?

The scary thing? I think these idiots - McBush and Ploddette - actually have a good shot at winning.

As if to confirm that last remark, I just saw a poll in my local paper that suggests that 40% of my fellow Canadians would vote for her. Prozac! Where's my Prozac?!? Thank god for scotch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home