Tuesday, February 12, 2008


I'm telling you, serendipity's a magical thing. Like I was saying yesterday, by the time I get to this blog, I've posted the same picture elsewhere, with no thought (usually) given to what I might write here. And, frankly, until about a second and a half ago, I had no idea that this picture might have a connection to what I'd been planning to remark on today. So....

""Mr. Obama's account of his younger self and drugs significantly differs from the recollections of others who do not recall his drug use."
-- New York Times, Feb 10, 2008"

If this isn't a sign that things have changed, I don't know what is. Barack seems to be trying to claim that he did, he did too use drugs when he was young! His old friends are all going, "Barack? Drugs? Naw - no way, man!", which, during each and every presidential election since the sixties is exactly what any candidate would have wanted their old friends to say. Life's just getting too weird.

The tie-in? The view in the picture is one my highschool pals, Bob and Wayne, and I often looked out over (albeit in the middle of the night) from the "Mountain" in Hamilton while wrecked on acid. We did, we did use drugs in our youth!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home