Monday, May 14, 2007


Getting the news.

Hey - an actual "photography oriented" post. Although, it's on a tiny, picky detail. Straps. Shoulder/neck straps. Is there a decent one out there? My camera is a Nikon D50 - nice camera, hideously ugly strap. Who designed this monstrosity? It's been around since the '80s. And I'll bet Canon has something equally ugly. So, when I first got the camera, I headed out looking for a new strap. I wound up buying one of LowePro's. Looks better, but it's a hunk of junk, functionally. I like to carry my camera on one shoulder, rather than around my neck. The LowePro slides off my shoulder like I was made of teflon. It's got a miracle "sticky" pattern on the inside that's simply not. Isn't there something out there that actually stays on your shoulder and isn't uglier than... (supply your favourite ugly thing here).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Scolman said...

Good morning, I'm sure I'm not going to be the first to say this, but.....UpStrap. I read all about it and bought one for my heavy 20d. I come from the past with the narrow, leather, "Photojournalist" strap, the one with the snap so the camera could be carried inside your jacket and then the strap unsnapped to get the camera out without removing your jacket...anyway I find the sticky pad on the UpStrap to be too sticky. It prevents the strap from sliding into shooting position from my shoulder and when around my neck it sticks up and does not lay flat and smooth. I think the perfect strap may be like the perfect bag....always just out of reach. I enjoy your work, thanks. Jim
www.photoday.scolman.com

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home