Monday, January 15, 2007

"Doors Redux", I guess.

I spent a couple of hours at the college today photographing bones and models of bones, building up a supply of pictures that I and my fellow instructors can use in our lectures. Done for the day, I figured I'd download them onto my office computer and do whatever processing seemed necessary. After all, my office computer has the full-meal-deal Photoshop on it. Or, well, that's what I thought. I'd forgotten about the demented demons that the college calls its computer services department. These folks live to do only partial jobs on anything. I once had them install a DVD drive in my computer so I could look at DVDs that might be useful in classes. With my new drive in place, I slipped in a new DVD. Nothing. No play. "Why?" you ask? Because the computer guy hadn't installed the software! Neither had he left it with me so that I could install it myself. Ooooohhhhh, noooo. That would be bad. So, today, when I went to open up one of my image files, I really shouldn't have been surprised to see a message saying that Photoshop didn't recognize the file type. I shoot all my stuff as RAW and convert it later. Of course, the computer guys hadn't bothered to install Adobe's Camera Raw software when they installed Photoshop. Soooooo, I have to bring the files home, fix 'em here, then take them back there. I love these guys. I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home