Saturday, November 11, 2006


There's a line in Shakespeare's "Henry VI" that says, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". Now, given that my father is a lawyer (retired) and my uncle is a lawyer, and that I have friends who are lawyers, I can't really say that I endorse this sentiment. At least, not precisely as it sits. I'd be happy to go along with it (well, O.K., not literally) if it could be amended to, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the really stupid, greedy lawyers, and their really stupid, greedy clients". Now that I could go along with.

Why am I bringing this up? Read this story in today's New York Times.

And, for any fans of ancient Chinese medicine and the notion that it's somehow superior to (or even vaguely equivalent to) the unclean, unholy, inhuman modern science-based medicine, read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home