Saturday, October 21, 2006


O.K., I didn't make it out today. I spent most of the day recuperating from "Just Call Me Her Hero II". Fridays, you see, usually end with myself and my fellow professional pedagogues going off somewhere for food and drink. Which we did this Friday. Wonderfully, we wound up at a restaurant in my neighbourhood. Hooray! No matter how things went, I'd be a two-minute walk from home. Unfortunately, one of our company wasn't. A two-minute walk from her home, that is. Oh, no - completely the other side of town. And she was on a bicycle. As was I. Uh-oh. Midnight arrived. Everybody in the group lived in my neighbourhood. They were all on foot. You can pretty much see what had to happen here, right? Sooooooo, three-quarters of an hour later, having seen her safely home to the bosom of her family (husband and daughter, both undoubtedly sound asleep), I started the ride home again. Mostly uphill. Two a.m., finally home.

Not that I didn't have fun, mind you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home