Saturday, May 20, 2006


Just watched two great movies. The first was "Clean", which starred Maggie Cheung and Nick Nolte. Very good movie. If you've seen "In the Mood for Love," or its companion, "2046", you'll see a different side of Ms. Cheung in "Clean". (And, if you haven't seen those movies, you should.)

On a silly side, as the movie opened, I kept thinking, "Hmmm, that looks familiar," but I couldn't figure out why. Not that I didn't know what the setting reminded me of. It was just that my thought was, "Nah - that's impossible. Hamilton? No way." Who would think that a movie starring Maggie Cheung and Nick Nolte, set mainly in Paris, would open in Hamilton, Ontario? Not me, that's for sure. And then we get introduced to Nick Nolte's character down by the Fraser River in what looked to be Ladner (near Vancouver). Well, that was too weird.

The other movie was Atom Egoyan's, "Where the Truth Lies". Kevin Bacon just keeps getting better as time goes on. And Colin Firth gets to play a somewhat dark character at long last.

O.K. - so I don't do movie reviews. Just watch them. You won't be disappointed. (Well, unless you've been waiting with 'bated breath for the release of "The DaVinci Code" that is)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home