Tuesday, April 18, 2006

If you don't have an incident light meter, your life just isn't complete.

But, that's another matter. The reason for this picture is a question that floated into my mind last night as I was trying to get to sleep. Coming up with silly questions at that time seems to be one of my brain's favourite jokes on me. Its question this time was, how come shutter speeds start off "1 sec, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8" and then, rather than the expected 1/16, they go to 1/15. And then follow the pattern "1/15, 1/30, 1/60" only to switch next to "1/125, 1/250..."?

Any camera history mavens out there with an answer? Something to do with mechanical shutter design? Arbritrary decision just to keep people like me awake nights? What's the answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home