Sunday, March 26, 2006

Since I'm going to spend the day trapped in the machinery of air travel, I thought something with a more expansive view would be appropriate for today's picture.

The thrill, as anyone knows who's flown at all, is definitely gone from air travel. Check-in, while never a thrill, is even less so. And, thanks to the dawn of airline "hubs", getting from point A to point B always entails detours to other, seemingly random, points in the alphabet. One flight I could have taken to today's destination - Hamilton, Ontario - would have taken me first to Montreal. Now, Montreal, as far as I know, is a fun place, but I live in Vancouver, which means I would have flown a few hundred kilometers past my destination, and then flown back. Is there some special school that airline planners go to to come up with this sort of thing?

Ah, well. It beats walking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home