Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh, boy! A special bonus photo in honour of my visit to the town of my birth - Steeltown! Or, as it's officially known, Hamilton. I'm not sure how much steel actually gets made here anymore. The mills used to be every male college student's summer job destination. And what colourful places they were, too. Nothing more interesting than watching a 100', 1" diameter, yellow-hot rod of steel shooting along the mill floor, from roller to roller, suddenly snag and shoot up into the air, coiling and twisting like some giant form of pasta-from-hell while all the guys whose job it had been to guide the thing, run for their lives. Yep, definitely kept you on your toes. Luckily, they never let us college kids anywhere near that stuff, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd have wound up as shish-kebab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home